From time to time our customers have asked if there’s an inexpensive, simple system available to automate tracking their commercial containers.
You know how it goes: You send 50 containers to your customer, and they can only account for 40. You’re out about $250 each time a container disappears, and it adds up to more than you expected.
Using a simple, inexpensive bar code tracking system can help you:
- Track what was shipped to each customer and what was returned.
- Know the number of turns, and see what the actual cost of ownership is.
- See when containers were repaired or scrapped.
- Access your information and run reports from a simple web based system.
- All for less than the cost of 25 containers per year.
Having a reliable process to track your commercial containers can save you in the long run.